MOTIF XF OS Updater V1.30
MOTIF XF OS Updater lets you update the OS of the following devices.Device to Update
MOTIF XF6/MOTIF XF7/MOTIF XF8 with firmware versions earlier than 1.30
How to Check The Version of your MOTIF XF.
1. Push [UTILITY] to enter the Utility mode.
2. Push [UTILITY], [Cursor Up] and [F1] buttons simultaneously.
The following message will appear:
About MOTIF XF
MOTIF XF Firmware Version *.**.*
MOTIF XF Kernel Version ************
MOTIF XF Contents Version *.**.*
The unit's version is indicated by " MOTIF XF Firmware Version *.**.* "
Only the numbers up to the two decimal places after the first dot are important in reading the version number, you can ignore the numbers after the second dot.
Ex.) 1.01.0=1.01, 1.12.0=1.12
Press the [EXIT] button to exit version information.
One USB memory device of over 512MB capacity formatted on the MOTIF XF
<V1.20 to V1.30>
- Now MOTIF XF can download the latest information about the instrument from a special Yamaha server and show it on the display.
- Now you can change the playback speed of the Audio Playback in File mode without changing the pitch. Also, you can start Audio Playback from any desired point in the audio data.
- Now you can select Pro Tools in the Remote DAW type.
- Network function now supports Mac OS X 10.7 .
- Now supports iPad application Cloud Audio Recorder for MOTIF XF (Available in Feb 2012).
- Fixed a problem in which some Voice parameters might not be applied to the tone generator correctly in the Song, Pattern or Performance mode when the Arpeggio Type was changed for a Voice with ARP = "on."
- Fixed a problem in which the information on the display and the status of the tone generator would be different with each other when Factory Set was executed without "All" being checkmarked while the instrument and the MOTIF XF editor were online.
- Fixed a problem in which the "05: Create Continuous Data" job would be applied with the before-edited value of the Data Range, even though you edited the value with a USB ASCII keyboard.
- Fixed a problem in which exectuting Set/Clear of the Favorite via [ENTER]+[CATEGOTY SEARCH] while the instrument and the MOTIF XF editor were online would not affect the editor.
- Fixed a problem in which the MOTIF XF editor might remain locked even though the instrument was exited from the Other Job "05: Delete Same Name Waveforms" display of the Sampling mode.
Other minor problems have been corrected.
New features of MOTIF XF OS Version 1.30
Registered Date : 1/19/2012
Language : English
Size : 97.05 MB
- All User data (User Voices, User Performances, Songs and so on) will be initialized by this updater. Please make sure that you save all User data to a USB storage device or to a computer connected to the same network before performing this update.
When you need to backup the data written in Flash Memory Expansion Module, set the Type to "All" and select "without sample" in Save FL1, Save FL2 in the File mode.
Save FL1: without sample
Save FL2: without sample
Moreover, when you load backup data, make following settings.
[In File Mode]
Type -> All
Load USR -> USR
Load FL1 -> FL1 without sample
Load FL2 -> FL2 without sample
After you've completed the update and reboot MOTIF XF, the message "New Flash Memory Module, Please load waveform data" will be displayed. Load the backup data (the message disappears).
- This updater is only for the MOTIF XF synthesizer.
- This updater is to be used at the user's own risk.
- The unit may become inoperable if the electrical supply is interrupted while running the updater (by pulling out the AC cord, etc.). If this happens, run the updater again from the first step.
- If the unit does not function after running the updater, please contact your nearest Yamaha service center.