[Yamaha Steinberg FW Driver + n Extension] TOOLS for n V2.7.2 for Mac OS X 10.5.8 / 10.6.8 / 10.7.x / 10.8.x
TOOLS for n V2.7.2 consists of two software components.
- Yamaha Steinberg FW Driver V1.7.1
It enables Audio/MIDI signals to be transferred between a computer and the n8/n12 via IEEE1394 cables.
- n Extension V1.7.2
You can link the n8/n12 with Steinberg DAW software Cubase and Nuendo.
Firmware update is required to use this version of TOOLS for n.
- IEEE1394 firmware V1.07 or later
- n8/n12 firmware V1.03 or later
- Sweet Spot Data Manager V2.0.0 or later
* After updating the n8/n12 firmware, the n8/n12 will not be able to be used with the n Driver, AI Driver or mLAN Driver/mLAN Tools. Also keep in mind that the previous firmware version of the n8/n12 cannot be restored.
[V2.7.1 -> V2.7.2]
n Extension: V1.7.0 -> V1.7.2
- Cubase 7 support
[V2.7.0 -> V2.7.1]
- TOOLS for n has been confirmed to work properly on Mac OS X 10.8.
- The installer now supports Gatekeeper.
- An uninstaller function is included. For details about using it, refer to the included Update Guide.
Yamaha Steinberg FW Driver: V1.7.0 -> V1.7.1
- Solved the problem in which the devices compatible with the Yamaha Steinberg FW Driver might not work when connecting with the specific HDD of FireWire connection.
n Extension: V1.6.0 -> V1.7.0
- Cubase 4.5.x and Nuendo 4.2.x are no longer support with this TOOLS version. Please use TOOLS for n V2.6.0 if you intend to use Cubase 4.5.x and Nuendo 4.2.x.
Operation of a n12/n8*1 connected via an Apple MD464 Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter
We have confirmed*2 that audio and MIDI data is correctly transferred by the Yamaha Steinberg FW Driver via an Apple MD464 Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter between a n12/n8 and a Mac computer equipped with a Thunderbolt port.
(1) If a Mac computer not equipped with a FireWire port (i.e., a Retina MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, or iMac) is started up without the Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter connected, a “Failed to initialize” error message will be displayed. However, the computer will operate normally in such a case.
(2) To prevent the above message from being displayed, connect the Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter before starting up the computer.
(3) If the Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter is disconnected without first powering down the Mac computer, the computer will need to be restarted in order to continue transferring audio and MIDI data using the Yamaha Steinberg FW Driver.
*1: n12/n8 firmware version 1.03, IEEE1394 firmware 1.07.
*2: Operation has been confirmed under test conditions; however, this does not guarantee correct operation in all conceivable situations. Yamaha can accept no liability whatsoever for damages of any kind resulting from use.
Registered Date : 19/2/2013
Language : English
Size : 16.6 MB
|OS||Mac OS X 10.5.8 / 10.6.8 / 10.7.x / 10.8.x|
|Computer||Intel CPU (Core Duo or faster recommended)|
|Memory||1GB or more|
|Hard Disk||100MB or more|
* The computer must have an IEEE 1394 (FireWire or i.LINK, etc.) connector. If there is no connector, install an IEEE1394 interface card (PCI or PC). When using a laptop or notebook computer, a built-in IEEE1394 terminal may not be available. If this is the case, install an appropriate PC interface card.
You also need to download these files.