[Yamaha Steinberg FW Driver + n Extension] TOOLS for n V2.7.4 for Mac OS X 10.9.5 - 10.11.x
TOOLS for n V2.7.2 consists of two software components.
- Yamaha Steinberg FW Driver V1.7.4
It enables Audio/MIDI signals to be transferred between a computer and the n8/n12 via IEEE1394 cables.
- n Extension V1.7.2
You can link the n8/n12 with Steinberg DAW software Cubase and Nuendo.
Firmware update is required to use this version of TOOLS for n.
- IEEE1394 firmware V1.07 or later
- n8/n12 firmware V1.03 or later
- Sweet Spot Data Manager V2.0.0 or later
* After updating the n8/n12 firmware, the n8/n12 will not be able to be used with the n Driver, AI Driver or mLAN Driver/mLAN Tools. Also keep in mind that the previous firmware version of the n8/n12 cannot be restored.
V2.7.3 to V2.7.4
OS X 10.9.5, OS X 10.10.x, OS X 10.11.x/li>
Yamaha Yamaha Steinberg FW Driver
- Yamaha Steinberg FW Driver has been confirmed to work properly on OS X 10.11.
Operation of a n12/n8*1 connected via an Apple MD464 Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter
We have confirmed*2 that audio and MIDI data is correctly transferred by the Yamaha Steinberg FW Driver via an Apple MD464 Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter between a n12/n8 and a Mac computer equipped with a Thunderbolt port.
(1) If a Mac computer not equipped with a FireWire port (i.e., a Retina MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, or iMac) is started up without the Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter connected, a “Failed to initialize” error message will be displayed. However, the computer will operate normally in such a case.
(2) To prevent the above message from being displayed, connect the Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter before starting up the computer.
(3) If the Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter is disconnected without first powering down the Mac computer, the computer will need to be restarted in order to continue transferring audio and MIDI data using the Yamaha Steinberg FW Driver.
*1: n12/n8 firmware version 1.03, IEEE1394 firmware 1.07.
*2: Operation has been confirmed under test conditions; however, this does not guarantee correct operation in all conceivable situations. Yamaha can accept no liability whatsoever for damages of any kind resulting from use.
Registered Date : 24/12/2015
Language : English
Size : 11.76 MB
|OS||OS X 10.9.5/OS X 10.10.x/OS X 10.11.x|
|CPU||Intel dual core CPU|
|Memory||2GB or more|
|Interface||With a FireWire port|
|Hard Disk||Free disk space of 100MB or more; high-speed hard disk|
|Other||Cubase version 7.0.7 or later when using the link function between the device and Cubase.|
You also need to download these files.