DTXTREME III/DTX900/DTX900M Firmware Update Program v1.05
DTXTREME III/DTX900/DTX900M Firmware Update Program
This program updates the DTXTREME III/DTX900/DTX900M firmware to the version 1.05.
Please be sure to read this section first!
◆ When you execute this update program, all Trigger Setups and Pad Type Settings saved in the product's internal memory will be lost. Be sure to save all important data to a USB storage device before executing the update program.
◆ If your DTXTREME III and computer are connected using a USB cable:
After executing the update program, download the latest USB-MIDI driver from the following website: http://download.yamaha.com/ After downloading the latest USB-MIDI driver, install the downloaded USB-MIDI driver to your computer.
◆ This update program can be applied for either 1.01 or 1.02 of the DTXTREME III’s firmware version.
◆ If you have updated your DTXTREME III, for details of the major new functions and operations, see the DTX900 Owner’s Manual. You can download the DTX900 Owner’s Manual from the following website: http://download.yamaha.com/
How to check the version of your DTXTREME III/DTX900/DTX900M
1, Hold down the [F1] and [REC] button on the front panel simultaneously, and then turn the power on by pressing the STANDBY/ON switch on the rear panel of the DTXTREME III/DTX900/DTX900M.
2, "Firm: *.**" indicates the current version of the firmware.
If the message above does not appear, turn on STANDBY by pressing the [STANDBY/ON] switch on the rear panel of the DTXTREME III/DTX900/DTX900M and try again.
How to update the firmware
Please save your important data onto the USB storage device before updating the firmware of the DTXTREME III/DTX900/DTX900M.
DO NOT power off or remove the USB storage device from your DTXTREME III/DTX900/DTX900M during the updating process. Your DTXTREME III/DTX900/DTX900M may become inoperable.
1. After downloading, decompress the archived file, and then find the "***.PGM" file. Copy the "***.PGM" file to the USB storage device.
2. Make sure to turn the power off (the STANDBY/ON switch is set to the Standby position, and then connect the USB storage device to the USB TO DEVICE terminal on the rear panel.
3. Hold down the [F1] and [REC] buttons simultaneously, and then turn the power on by pressing the Standby/On switch on the rear panel.
4. Press the [ENTER] button to start the update process. This process takes a few minutes.
5. When the update process is completed, the message "Completed. Reboot DTXTREME III" or “Completed. Reboot DTX900.” will appear, and you can turn the power off (the STANDBY/ON switch is set to the Standby position.
6. Check the version of the firmware by following the instructions in "How to check the version of your DTXTREME III/DTX900/DTX900M" in this document, and confirm that your DTXTREME III/DTX900/DTX900M has been successfully updated.
This concludes the update process.
128MB or more of USB storage device formatted on DTXTREME III/DTX900/DTX900M.
The instrument does not necessarily support all commercially available USB devices. Yamaha cannot guarantee operation of USB devices that you purchase.
Major New Functions
【V1.04 → V1.05】
- Added new pad type "KP100."
- Added new types of Trigger Setups for DTX920K.
Registered Date : 1/27/2016
Language : English
Size : 2.3 MB
Precautions (please be sure to read these)
- The user assumes full responsibility for the update.
- Please note that the DTXTREME III/DTX900/DTX900M may be damaged if you fail to follow these instructions properly, or turn off the DTXTREME III/DTX900/DTX900M or disconnect the cable while the update is in progress.
- Please save your important data onto the USB storage device before updating the firmware of the DTXTREME III/DTX900/DTX900M.
- If the update fails, and the DTXTREME III/DTX900/DTX900M still does not operate correctly even after you execute the update once again, please contact your Yamaha dealer.
- This software and documentation are the exclusive copyrights of Yamaha Corporation.
- Reproducing or modifying all or parts of this software or its documentation without permission is strictly prohibited.
- The company names and product names in this document are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.