DTXTREME III Firmware Update Program (DTX900 Firmware v1.00)
This program updates the DTXTREME III firmware to the same functions as DTX900's firmware version 1.00.
How to check the version of your DTXTREME III
1, Hold down the [F1] and [REC] button on the front panel simultaneously, and then turn the power on by pressing the STANDBY/ON switch on the rear panel of the DTXTREME III.
2, "Firm: *.**" indicates the current version of the firmware.
If the message above does not appear, turn on STANDBY by pressing the [STANDBY/ON] switch on the rear panel of the DTXTREME III and try again.
How to update the firmware
Please save your important data onto the USB storage device before updating the firmware of the DTXTREME III.
DO NOT power off or remove the USB storage device from your DTXTREME III during the updating process. Your DTXTREME III may become inoperable.
1.After downloading, decompress the archived file, and then find the "***.PGM" file. Copy the "***.PGM" file to the USB storage device.
2.Make sure to turn the power off (the STANDBY/ON switch is set to the Standby position, and then connect the USB storage device to the USB TO DEVICE terminal on the rear panel.
3. Hold down the [F1] and [REC] buttons simultaneously, and then turn the power on by pressing the Standby/On switch on the rear panel.
4. Press the [ENTER] button to start the update process. This process takes a few minutes.
5. When the update process is completed, the message "Completed. Reboot DTXTREME III" will appear, and you can turn the power off (the STANDBY/ON switch is set to the Standby position.
6. Check the version of the firmware by following the instructions in "How to check the version of your DTXTREME III" in this document, and confirm that your DTXTREME III has been successfully updated.
This concludes the update process.
128MB or more of USB storage device formatted on DTXTREME III.
The instrument does not necessarily support all commercially available USB devices. Yamaha cannot guarantee operation of USB devices that you purchase.
Major New Functions
- Added new Trigger Setups which are compatible with the new pads (XP series.)
- Added new Pad Type Settings which are compatible with the new pads (XP series.)
- Added the Cubase Remote Control function.
In order to use the Cubase Remote Control function, you will need to purchase Cubase 5.
- Added BYPASS indications for the Variation, Reverb and Chorus Effect in the Drum Kit
Select display which lets you turn the Effect Bypass on/off.
- Added the new parameter “phones” into the OutputSel settings in the display called up via [DRUMKIT] ---> [F2] VOICE ---> [SF2] OUT-TUNE.
- Added the new parameter “TrigSetupLink” in the display called up via [DRUMKIT] ---> [F5] OTHER ---> [SF1] COMMON.
- Added the new parameter “IndivOutAssign” in the display called up via [UTILITY] ---> [F1] GENERAL ---> [SF5] OTHER.
- Other minor problems have been corrected.
Registered Date : 3/23/2011
Language : English
Size : 2.57 MB
Precautions (please be sure to read these)
- The user assumes full responsibility for the update.
- Please note that the DTXTREME III may be damaged if you fail to follow these instructions properly, or turn off the DTXTREME III or disconnect the cable while the update is in progress.
- Please save your important data onto the USB storage device before updating the firmware of the DTXTREME III.
- If the update fails, and the DTXTREME III still does not operate correctly even after you execute the update once again, please contact your Yamaha dealer.
- This software and documentation are the exclusive copyrights of Yamaha Corporation.
- Reproducing or modifying all or parts of this software or its documentation without permission is strictly prohibited.
- The company names and product names in this document are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.